RESTORE2TM is a physical deterioration and escalation tool for care/nursing homes.
It is designed to support homes and health professionals to:
- Recognise when a resident may be deteriorating or at risk of physical deterioration
- Act appropriately according to the resident’s care plan to protect and manage the resident
- Obtain a complete set of physical observations to inform escalation and conversations with health professionals
- Speak with the most appropriate health professional in a timely way to get the right support
- Provide a concise escalation history to health professionals to support their professional decision making.
RESTORE2TM makes National Early Warning Scores (NEWS2) accessible to care and nursing homes through the use of soft signs of deterioration. It includes a communication and escalation protocol developed with GP’s, ambulance providers and deterioration experts specifically for care/nursing homes to support them to raise concerns and a structured communication tool (SBARD) to ensure residents get the support they need.
RESTORE2TM can be downloaded and printed in colour (A4 – 6 sheets). You can also print additional NEWS2 charts from this document .
RESTORE2TM can be ordered from NHS Creative using code CS49286 (A4 CMTK 120gsm bond paper, trim, fold twice, drill 2 holes)
£0.11p per copy for 20,000
£0.14p per copy for 10,000
£0.16p per copy for 5,000
RESTORE2TM mini is a condensed version of the full RESTORE2TM tool – ideal for introducing care and residential homes that are currently unable to measure vital signs to the concepts of soft signs and SBARD structured communication. It is designed to act as a stepping stone to the adoption of the full RESTORE2TM tool. It’s also great to keep by the telephone / computer to support staff to communicate effectively.
RESTORE2TM mini can be downloaded and printed on A4 and folded to A5
RESTORE2TM mini can be ordered from NHS Creative using code CS50656 (A5 CMTK 250gsm uncoated paper £0.04p per copy (based on order of 5000)
The tool gives me the confidence to speak to others about my concerns.Care Home Worker
The use of RESTORE2TM is encouraged, however users must acknowledge and comply with the following:
- RESTORE2TM uses NEWS2 reproduced from the Royal College of Physicians. National Early Warning Score (NEWS) 2: Standardising the assessment of acute illness severity in the NHS. Updated report of a working party. London: RCP, 2017.
- The NEWS2 charts must be reproduced in full colour and high resolution only.
- RESTORE2TM and its components must not be modified/amended in any way.
- RESTORE2TM is trademarked and copyright West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group 2019